Increase Your Game Console’s Security – In today’s time, the security plays a very critical role as everything is online. The game consoles are independent computers, and malware cannot affect its security unlike PCs, Mac, and other mobile devices. In order to prevent game console attacks and to Increase Your Game Console’s Security, you need to secure the game console using the passcode.
The game consoles are very vulnerable to the cybercriminals, and they can access the data like username and password. Cybercriminals can hack the user’s credentials and even hack the user’s in-game data or inventory. You are required to add a password as well as two-factor authentication, which prevent the cybercriminals to access the user data. You can use the console or web-browser, in order to add the passcode and two-factor authentication as well.
Steps to Increase Your Game Console’s Security:
Sony PlayStation 4 – Increase Your Game Console’s Security:
- First of all, you need to open your game console or use web-browser.
- Sign in to your PlayStation 4(PS4) account, using your username and password.
- If you did not add the login password then you need to go to the settings on your PS4.
- Click Login settings, now uncheck the box in front of “Log in to PS4 automatically”.
- Now you need select Passcode Management, to add the login password.
- Type the password using the buttons on your Dual Shock 4 controller.
- After entering the password click OK. Now you can use this password to sign in to your account.
- Click on the profile picture on the top left corner of the page, then click Account Settings.
- You will be now redirected to the account management page, click Security.
- After clicking the Security, select the two-step verification option.
- For the two-factor authentication, you need to add your mobile number or phone number to your account.
- It will prevent the unauthorized access to your account, as in order to login you need the security passcode, which will be sent to your number.
- Now you will require a password when you log in from an unfamiliar device.
Microsoft Xbox One – Increase Your Game Console’s Security:
- Microsoft Xbox One can also be protected by adding the password.
- Adding password prevent your kids to alter parental control settings and grant access to a certain content.
- It also prevents the unauthorized access from any other device.
Steps to setup login password:
- Two-factor authentication makes account more secure and less vulnerable.
- In order to add login password to Microsoft account, open browser.
- Visit xbox.com or microsoft.com and then sign in to your account.
- Click profile picture icon, and click ‘View Microsoft Account’.
- Now go to the Menu and click Security then click More Security Options.
- Now enable the two-factor authentication by adding your mobile number or email id.
Steps to add a password to console:
- Open your Xbox console, click on the Xbox logo, to open the guide.
- Now click Settings and then click All Settings.
- Click Account option and then click sign in followed by security and passkey.
- Type the passkey or password which you want by using your Xbox controller buttons.
- Now you can use this password at the time of login to your gaming console.
Adding password to the gaming consoles and account will increase your game console’s security. There are many others gaming consoles like Nintendo Switch etc, same as Xbox and PS4. in case you are using McAfee Security tool then you may visit mcafee.com/activate for the further support.
Nintendo Switch – Increase Your Game Console’s Security:
- First, open the web browser to enable passcode and two-factor authentication.
- Now sign in to your Nintendo account by using your registered email id.
- Click the profile picture icon and then click Settings.
- Now you need to click Sign In & Security Settings.
- Click “2 Step Verification Settings” and then enter your passcode.
- If you want to store your two-factor authentications settings on your phone then,
- You need to download an authentication app like Authy on your phone to scan the Nintendo’s QR code.
- Now enable the security settings and check the mailbox for the verification code.
- Open your authentication app, scan the QR code, and enter the verification code you received.
- Now a window will pop up with some backup codes, store them in the password manager for the future purpose.
- These backup codes will be needed, in case you lost your phone or switch to another one.
All of the above procedure will help you to increase your game console’s security by adding the passcode. The two-factor authentication will provide extra security in case of unfamiliar access to the account. If you using McAfee tools and need any help regarding your security issue then feel free to contact McAfee Support.
You can also visit us at mcafee.com/activate and one of our executives will help you to resolve the issue related to your product.