Troubleshoot McAfee Installation Incomplete Error Windows Devices – There is a chance that you can face some error while downloading and installing a McAfee product. One of these common error types with McAfee is installation incomplete error in Windows Device. This is possible due to many reasons, we are going to list all those possible reasons and help you troubleshoot the error without any hassle.
Troubleshoot McAfee Installation Incomplete Error Windows Devices
Check this list Before you Start
- Close all running apps and opened tabs. It is recommended to restart your device.
- Check your network connection, it should have a high speed. And a wired network connection is preferred.
- Match the minimum system requirement of your Windows device with the McAfee product you wish to use.
- Uninstall and remove any firewall or antivirus software on your device.
- Update your Windows to the latest version available.
Troubleshooting Steps to remove McAfee Installation Incomplete Error
We are mentioning the step by step guide to troubleshooting the error. Follow these DIY and fix your issue on your own.
Use Pre-install Tool – This prepares your device for new McAfee installation. It comes handy in a situation like an installation error. Here is how you can download and run it.
- Download the Pre-install Tool.
- Save it to the desktop so that you can access it right away.
- Double-click or Run the Pre-install setup file.
- Read the information provided by the software before it installs.
- Click OK when you are ready and restart your device after the installation is done.
If this method does not work, go to the next one.
Enable the Administrator Account – Sometimes the installation may fail due to lack of permission from the administrator. In that case, you have to manually enable the Administrator Account. Do not worry it will be on a temporary basis, you can disable this feature whenever you want. Follow these steps to enable Administrator Account.
- Start with pressing the Start button the bottom left side of your screen and search cmd.
- Right-click on the Command prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- Now, enter this command net user administrator /active: yes and close the command prompt.
- Press Ctrl+ALT+DEL key.
- Click on the logout or sign out to log off from Windows.
- Now you have to log back in. click Administrator account and log in. This may take a while.
Try to reinstall your McAfee software again. If it is still showing the error go to the next solution.
Run McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR) – This software helps you remove any leftover files from previous McAfee subscription. It is recommended to run this software so that your new McAfee subscription will work without interruption.
- Download the MCPR tool from the McAfee website.
- Run the setup file and agree to the term and conditions.
- The security validation screen will pop up on your screen. Click Next.
- This cleans your device from previous junks.
Try again to install the McAfee software, it should work fine. In case you are still facing the McAfee Installation Incomplete Error then contact the McAfee Customer Support for assistance at McAfee Activate.