Disable McAfee Antivirus
While working with McAfee Antivirus, it is possible that you come across a situation where you are unable to make changes to some of your programs or a software is not installing. In a situation like this, you wish to disable the Antivirus or Security software.
Disable McAfee Antivirus
Here we are going to discuss the easy method to avoid such problems by disabling the McAfee Antivirus. Follow these easy steps to disable the McAfee Antivirus.
Note: This may make your device unguarded and available to various threats to attack. It’s recommended to stay offline while your antivirus program is disabled.
Method to disable McAfee Antivirus for Windows
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- In the search box, type “McAfee” to search McAfee software.
- Double click on the McAfee Antivirus to launch it.
- Click on the PC Security button in the upper-left corner of the McAfee tab.
- Now, on the left side of the tab, click on the Real-Time Scanning button.
- From the listed options, select Turn-Off.
- Now you will be asked, “When do you want to resume Real-Time Scanning?”. The default time is set to 15 minutes.
- You can try Never, then you have to manually turn on the real-time scanning.
- Go the Firewall tab which is just below the Real-Time Scanning.
- Select a time limit, then click Turn Off. Doing so will disable the McAfee Firewall until the time limit expires.
- Now it is time to turn off the Automatic Updates.
- Go to the Automatic Updates tab just below the Firewall.
- Select the option to turn it off.
By doing this, you have successfully turned off/disable the McAfee Antivirus on your Windows Device.
Method to disable McAfee Antivirus for Mac
- Look for the McAfee icon Mac’s menu bar.
- Launch the McAfee Antivirus after you find it on your device.
- Go to the Home tab on the upper-left side of the window.
- At the top-right corner, you will find a drop-down menu. Click on it.
- In the list of the menu, select the Real-Time Scanning. To disable follow this:
- Click on the “lock icon” and provide the administrator password.
- Click the Real-Time Scanning switch in the top-right corner.
- Again, click on the drop-down menu and select Firewall.
- Follow the same step to disable Firewall as you did for the Real-Time Scanning.
- Now, select the Automatic Updates from the drop-down menu.
- Disable automatic updates. You’ll do this in the same way in which you disabled Real-Time Scanning and the Firewall.
Now, you have successfully disabled McAfee Antivirus for your Mac device.