Troubleshoot Mcafee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31 – McAfee Antivirus is equipped with various features that enable the user to get overall protection. It provides defensive layers against many threats that can potentially harm your device. And do this feature sometimes the McAfee may show some error. And one of those common errors is McAfee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31.
Note:- McAfee Antivirus has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Troubleshoot Mcafee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31
Symptoms of McAfee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31
If you are in dilemma that why is your software not working or keep on crashing? Then you can match these symptoms with your problem and be sure about the error.
- “Error 31” appears on your screen and your currently active program crashes.
- Your PC continue to crash every time you launch a specific program.
- Your Windows Crashes and automatically shuts down to protect your device.
- Your device seems slow and sluggish while performing a task.
- The windows freeze for few minutes and continue to work again.
Causes of McAfee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31
This error is quite common with McAfee products and keeping track of possible error may help you troubleshoot the problem easily. The possible causes are listed below:
- A result of cluttered Windows registry or faulty entries of non-existent programs which are usually due to improper software uninstalls.
- Incorrect user input like accidentally deleting important files from the registry causing the malfunction.
- The software is not properly installed or uninstalled may result in Error 31.
FIX the McAfee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31
To fix this error just follow these troubleshooting steps step by step. Otherwise, you can contact the McAfee customer support team to help you with the problem.
Step 1 – Run Full System scan for Malware
There is a chance that the system is showing Error 31 due to some malware. These malicious intruders can damage, corrupt, or even delete Runtime Errors-related files. To remove this malware infection out of your device, run a full system scan using McAfee Internet Security.
Step 2 – Clean System Junks out of your System
Over the time you use your computer, your device may collect some junk files in its system. This may affect your hard drive as unuseful files keep on hoarding your storage. Which could be the possible cause of the Error 31. Remove these junks to release your memory.
Step 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee Internet Security
If the issue is with McAfee then it is okay to uninstall the McAfee software and then reinstalling it. To uninstall the McAfee Internet Security, follow these steps.
- Go to the Control Panel of your Windows device.
- And search “uninstall a program” in the search box.
- In the Add or Remove Program tab, the list of the installed programs will appear.
- Locate Mcafee Error Code 31 associated program from the list and Remove/Uninstall it.
- Your McAfee software is removed. Now reinstall it and start using the software error free.
If your system keeps on showing Error 31 then contact our customer support team on the Toll-free number. Get an assistance and resolve your problem. In order to get help related to Troubleshoot Mcafee Internet Security Suite Error Code 31, please visit McAfee.com/Activate or McAfee Activate.