McAfee Expanded its Cloud Security Platform to the Microsoft Azure – McAfee has acquired Skyhigh Networks, which is a specialist in cloud security. This acquisition will make the cloud more secure for business. After acquiring the Skyhigh Networks, McAfee expanded its cloud security platform to the Microsoft Azure users.
McAfee is one of the most popular leading company which provide the extensive security tools. Whereas Skyhigh Networks secures the data with the speed, scale, and user-centricity, over the cloud services. McAfee took a page from the Skyhigh Network for Amazon Web Services in order to bring it to Azure.
The Vice President of McAfee’s cloud security business unit and erstwhile CEO of Skyhigh said to SearchSecurity that “We’re are extending many of the security controls we have for AES to Azure”. The McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud, developed on Cloud Access Security Broker platform is included in McAfee Cloud Security Platform. McAfee Cloud Security platform allows the ability to audit the security configuration and compliance settings of their resources to the Microsoft Azure customers. They also have the ability to capture and analyze the audit trails for both the general users and administrator.
Microsoft Azure customers use machine learning-based threat detection to jeopardized accounts and possible insider threats. Users can also identify and prevent unauthorized storage of sensitive data in Azure storage with data loss prevention policies. McAfee Skyhigh security cloud constituent combines with the existing security features and APIs of the Microsoft Azure, same as the Skyhigh for AWS services. McAfee expanded its cloud security platform to the Microsoft Azure along with the several existing products of the vendor.
The vendor’s products are McAfee Virtual Network Security Platform (vNSP) and McAfee Cloud Workload Security etc. The McAfee cloud security platform didn’t allow the platform’s offering for the McAfee vNSP till now, unlike other Azure users.
Why McAfee Expanded its Cloud Security Platform to the Microsoft Azure:
- McAfee Expanded its Cloud Security Platform to the Microsoft Azure, in order to address the key problem of the enterprises.
- The enterprises that have mixed cloud environment or using different cloud environments, they require different security controls. The enterprises with the different cloud environment also require the different management consoles, policies and many other services.
- The users who are using both AWS and Azure resources, in order to secure and manage those resources McAfee cloud security platform allows to use a single platform only.
According to the McAfee cloud security platform, the Endpoint devices and cloud are new control points instead of Network. The Senior Vice president Rajiv Gupta said that they want to give the companies a common, and consistent way to manage or protect their data either in the cloud or on devices. McAfee can be downloaded and installed from the link mcafee.com/activate.
Benefits of this expansion:
As McAfee Expanded its Cloud Security Platform to the Microsoft Azure then,
- It will provide the more secure environment for the businesses over the cloud or on endpoint devices.
- This expansion allows for the companies to use several cloud environments without any hassle.
- It includes the plan to push deeper into the cloud security.
- The Skyhigh is now dedicated to the AWS services.
If you need any other information related to the McAfee expansion then you may contact McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate for the 24/7 support.