Unable Continue Installation Error 0 – McAfee installation and download can be done using the McAfee Account. You need to visit the link mcafee.com/activate to sign in to your account and download the McAfee to your system. McAfee installation process is very easy but technology can be tricky sometimes. You may face some errors during the installation process such as Unable continue installation Error 0, but these type of errors are resolvable.
McAfee installation required the McAfee product key to activate the subscription on your system. After the product expired then you may renew the product using your McAfee account online. McAfee account allows you to manage your McAfee subscription from anywhere at any time online. If you face any error during the installation process then you can try to follow some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue.
Steps to resolve the Unable Continue Installation Error 0:
Method 1 – Run the McAfee PreInstall tool:
- While installing the McAfee on your system, when the error appears then click Done to close the dialog box.
- Download Pre-install tool according to the version of your Windows such as 32/64-bit.
- Now Double click on the downloaded zip file, copy the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file and then paste it to the desktop.
- Double-click on the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, to run that setup.
- Follow the instructions to install the tool on your system.
- After the successful installation, try to install the McAfee on your system again.
- If the installation of McAfee fails then try the other solution given below or contact McAfee Support.
Method 2 – Run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT):
- Visit mcafee.com/activate, log in to your account and go to Troubleshoot and repair page.
- Now click Download and Run, and then click Save file or run according to your browser.
- Double-click mvt.exe to start the MVT setup and then click Yes to allow the program to make changes to the system.
- Follow the instructions displaying on the screen to finish the installation of the MVT on your system.
- After the successful installation, MVT scans the system for the issues.
- If any found on the system then you will have one of these options on the screen
- Select Autofix and then follow the instructions to resolve the issue.
- Contact McAfee Support, if MVT cannot resolve the error.
- If no error found then close the MVT and retry the installation process.
Method 3 – Re-download the Installation package after using the Removal Tool:
- Open a different browser on your system and then download the Removal Tool.
- You are now required to run the removal tool on your system and then restart the system when prompted.
- Now Redownload the McAfee installation Setup on the system from the link mcafee.com/activate.
- Now retry the installation of the McAfee using the re-downloaded setup.
- If the installation fails again then follow the other steps or visit the McAfee Support.
Method 4 – Resolve DNS issue:
- If the name resolution is slow then you may face this error – Unable Continue Installation Error 0.
- In order to resolve the error, you need to change the DNS settings on your Network card to a public server.
- Open Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet to change the DNS settings.
- Now click Network and Sharing Center, click change adapter settings and then double-click on the active network card.
- Click properties, select IPV4 and then click Properties.
- Under the DNS change the settings and then try to install the McAfee product again.
By following the above methods, you may resolve the Unable Continue Installation Error 0, which you get during the installation of McAfee. If you need any help or facing any issue then you can contact McAfee Support number or visit us at mcafee.com/activate for the better support.