McAfee Antivirus keeps your system safe from the cyber-attacks and other online threats by using its extensive security features. You can download and install your version of McAfee product from the manufacturer’s website i.e. home.mcafee.com. The company has designed a robust, secure and user-friendly interface which gives you ease while using McAfee. But sometimes you may face the error during the download like the download button is missing or disabled, and McAfee download fails to work, etc. Here we are going to discuss the cause of the issue and some basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
CAUSES OF ERROR – MCAFEE DOWNLOAD FAILS TO WORK:
- The download button is disabled or missing.
- Unable to click on the download button.
STEPS TO FIX THE ERROR MCAFEE DOWNLOAD FAILS TO WORK:
In case of missing or disabled button, you can try to reload the browser or webpage and then try to download the McAfee. You can try to reset the browser or use some automated to resolve the issue.
TRY TO RESET YOUR BROWSER:
- If you are using Google Chrome then,
- First, you need to open Google Chrome, click Options and then click Settings.
- Now select Show Advanced Settings and then click Reset Settings, which will reset the browser settings.
- In the case of Internet Explorer (IE),
- Open IE, click Tools from the top right corner of the screen and then click Internet Options.
- Now you need to click Advanced and click Reset then click Reset again.
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox then,
- First, click on the Mozilla Firefox icon to open the browser and then click Help.
- Now select Troubleshooting Information after that you need to click Reset Settings to reset the browser.
After following the above procedure, you can reload the webpage, log in to your McAfee account and then try downloading the McAfee product. If the issue still persists then you need to download and run both the McAfee virtual technician and Pre-Install tools on your system. The MVT tool will automatically find the issue and then fix them.
CHECK THE DOWNLOADED FILE:
- After restarting your system you need to visit and then log in to your McAfee account.
- Click on the Download button and then click on the Save file or Run according to your browser to save the file.
- Open downloads folder and check for the downloaded file on your system.
- If the McAfee setup file exists then run the installer and then follow the instructions to finish the installation process.
- In case the file does not exist then you need to use either the Pre-Install tool or MVT tool to fix the issue.
DOWNLOAD AND RUN PRE-INSTALL TOOL:
- Go to the manufacturer website and then download the Pre-Install tool on your system by clicking on the Download Now button.
- Now open the downloads folder and then double click on the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, to run the installer.
- Click Ok, to allow the program to make changes to the system and then follow the instructions to finish the process.
- Wait until Pre-Install is completed, click Ok and then restart your system after clicking the Close button.
After you run the Pre-Install tool on your system, you will be able to resolve the issue i.e. McAfee download fails to work. You can try to download the McAfee again from the website and check whether the download button is working or not. Before that, you need to make sure that there is no McAfee setup downloaded on your system already. Open downloads folder and search for the Setup_serial_xxxx.exe file. If the file exists then double click on the file and try to install the McAfee on your system. If the file does not exist then go to the manufacturer website and try to download the McAfee product again.
TRY TO RUN MCAFEE VIRTUAL TECHNICIAN (MVT) TOOL :
- First, you need to visit service.mcafee.com and then select the option which says Troubleshoot and Repair.
- Now click the Download and Run button to start the download of the MVT tool.
- Click Save file or Run according to your browser to save the mvt.exe on your system.
- Now search for the downloaded file and then double click on the mvt.exe file to run the MVT installation setup.
- You need to wait now until the MVT initialize, install, updates and start the scanning of your system.
- Now click Autofix, if found some errors and then follow the prompted instructions to fix the errors.
- If MVT cannot resolve the error then you need to contact McAfee Support for the further troubleshooting.
- In case there is no issue on your system then close the MVT dashboard and then restart your system.
If you follow the above-mentioned steps accurately then the issue of the McAfee download fails to work will be resolved. You can also call McAfee Support for the expert’s assistance.
McAfee download fails to work
If you are facing any of issue which is mentioned above then you may contact McAfee Support for the guidance. You can also visit the link if you need any information or help related to your McAfee product and McAfee download fails to work.